- Patient Issues
- Support Us
Jacquelyn Klunk, MS, RDN, LDN
- Registered Dietician
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside
Registered dieticians provide nutritional counseling through diet management to promote good nutrition while preventing malnutrition. She is available to:
- Assess each patient’s nutritional needs based upon the progression of the disease.
- Develop individual care plans for each patient to promote a good nutritional status.
- Suggest calorie and protein supplements to increase daily caloric and nutrient consumption.
- Adapt the consistency of foods and liquids when swallowing becomes difficult.
- Recommend other forms of nutrition (such as tube feedings) when patients are not able to maintain adequate nutrition.